Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wholewheat Broccoli and Goat's Cheese Muffins - Mammy Made


Hi everyone. I'm Adele and I live in England with my two gorgeous babies, Leyla who is 4 and Naomie who is 2. I am so excited to be contributing to Inspiration Cafe again today!


I usually blog over at Mammy Made. I like to write about crafting, cooking and homeschooling, although I am only homeschooling part time at the minute. I have tons of tutorials on there so come by and say hi, I’d love to see you! 



This month I would like to share an absolutely delicious recipe I came up with at the beginning of the year. I am always trying to come up with new ways to get veggies into my kids. They are pretty good with carrots and potatoes but anything green they are wary about. Except kale, strangely enough. The broccoli in this recipe can be subbed for different veggies if required. I sometimes use grated courgette or wilted spinach and they turn out yummy.

Wholewheat Broccoli and Goat's Cheese Muffins (Makes 12)

1 x medium broccoli, diced
150g hard goat's cheese, cubed
200g natural yoghurt
2 x medium eggs
3tbsps olive oil
seasoning (plenty of black pepper, pinch of turmeric, pinch of chilli powder, big pinch mixed herbs)
1tsp baking powder
145g wholewheat plain flour

Bring the broccoli up to the boil in a large pan, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 4 mins or until tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Add to a food processor, along with the cubed cheese, and chop finely. In a large jug, mix together the yoghurt, eggs, oil and seasoning. Add the broccoli and cheese mixture. Add the baking powder and flour and mix until just combined. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases. Divide the mixture between the cases. Cook on GM5 for 45mins - 1hr, until nicely browned on top and cooked through.


I hope you all enjoyed this recipe. Thank you so much to everyone behind Inspiration Cafe for letting me contribute again. It's been fun!

6 comments:

  1. I love sneaking veggies everything:) When my kids were younger, I made spinach brownies. Now my daughter is a vegetarian and I don't have to sneak. These sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I force fed my kids goat cheese a while back and they were remembering it yesterday. One thought she might try it again, the other was firmly a no-go. Just gonna have to make these and have them try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying this !! Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Adele! These look fabulous! My kids are grown and gone...but I'll make them for myself! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delish! What a savvy way to get the kids to each veggies. These would be so nice to serve at a brunch, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum...I love broccoli and goat cheese, these muffin sound wonderful, Adele! Thanks for the great recipe share!

    ReplyDelete