Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How to Make a Fleece Scarf in 5 minutes for $2.00 - A Few Miner Adjustments

How to Make a Fleece Scarf in 5 minutes for $2.00

End the War…Just Make the Scarf

There’s this scarf...
just an ordinary green fringed fleece scarf from Old Navy.
I may have paid all of $2.00 for it about 10 years ago. There are also these 2 boys...
cute, smart, competitive boys. 
And when that scarf comes out for the winter they argue over that scarf.  It is always their turn to wear it, never the other person’s. And so the fighting ensues.
This year though, I decided to make a few Miner adjustments. I couldn't stand to listen to one more second of the green scarf war. And I couldn't bear to see the wrestling match that was brewing.
So I told those cute, smart, competitive boys to get in the car.
We headed to my favorite Joann’s Fabrics where they picked out their very own warm and fuzzy fleece. And boy oh boy were they excited! This in turn made me feel like mom of the year!
Materials Needed:
  • ¼ yard fabric that is 54 inch long (the width of the fabric on the bolt)….it cost all of $2.00 each
  • Scissors
  • Tape measure
  • Masking Tape
Steps:
Tip before starting: Fold the fabric in half and made sure all of the edges were straight by trimming it.
{1} Measure 5 inches up from the edge of the fleece.
{2} Put tape across the fabric at the 5 inch mark.
{3} Have your cute, smart, competitive child cut pieces of fringe up to the tape.
{4} Repeat steps 1-3 on the other end of the fleece.
{5} Remove tape and enjoy your scarf.
Baby, it’s cold outside. Why not make yourself a warm, fuzzy fleece scarf of your very own? 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Trina...brilliant and so so simple! I will have to make some with the kids next Winter. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! Next winter...that sounds so nice as you are basking in the warmth of summer. I type this as my toes are feeling the chill, even though I am under a blanket...this winter!

      Delete
  2. That's some good momming right there. :) I couldn't stand the fussing and fighting either. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now my mom wants to borrow their scarves! I think I may have to make a couple more!

      Delete
  3. Hey Trina, I'm a little behind, but I love this project! I am not a sewing kind of girl, so I love a great no-sew project and fleeces come in such wonderful designs now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danni-- Our fabric store has so many different designs in fleece that it is almost overwhelming. But my kids decided quickly without looking back. The difference between boys and girls....I guess ;)

      Delete