Sunday, November 18, 2012

CHRISTMAS COMES TO THE INSPIRATION CAFE!

Hello everyone, Danni here from Silo Hill Farm and I am a crafter!


This first series we are talking about what inspires us to create.  This is an easy one for me and my answer is two-fold.  My original inspiration and the beginning of all of my crafting comes from my best friend Judy.

When I first moved to Montana some 17 years ago, I knew no one and had never crafted a single thing in my life.  I met Judy, and she was all about crafting.  If I was going to hang out with her, I was going to have to learn to craft I didn't believe I had a crafty bone in my body.  I couldn't have asked for a better craft mentor.  The winters are long and cold in Montana and crafting saw me through all of the 8 years I lived in the mountains.  Thank you to Judy for giving me some skills that would get me through a lot more than just some snow and cold!

The other half of my inspiration, comes from YOU!  All of you out there in the craft blog world!  After a 10 yr. hiatus from crafting when I moved back to Missouri, I finally unpacked all of my craft stuff and started a blog.  If you look back at my blog, in the beginning, it was not much about crafting....but then, I stumbled on to all of you and your amazing projects and my inspiration was rekindled and then caught like wildfire.  So thank YOU...all of you!

Having said all of that, I would l like to show you how to make a project that Judy and I did together when she was here last week for 11 glorious days of crafting!  Check it out....



 I love the rustic look of it and Judy keeps me from overdoing it sometimes with the "less is more" reminder!  

To start out with, you need a star made out of sticks of the same size and either wired together or nailed together.  (Mine is nailed and I would recommend pre-drilling first.)



 Then, attach some faux evergreen branches, snipped to size, (mine are leftover from another project) with some floral wire.  I liked putting them in just the center so the sticks would show, but you can do the whole thing if you like.



 Of course, embellishing a project is my favorite part and I had this metal star and silver jingle bell.



 You may remember seeing that star before.  It first made it's debut on my blog back in July.


Old Glory Picket Fence

 We attached the tin star and jingle bell to the back of the wreath using a thin piece of jewelry wire.



With that little bit of embellishment, our wreath was finished!



 As with most of the projects I make, this wreath can be disassembled after the holidays and all of the parts used for something else!  Stay tuned...you may see that stick wreath form again!

If you enjoyed this holiday project, it's just the first of many that Judy and I worked on during our 11 day Christmas Craftathon and if you are a follower of Silo Hill Farm, you'll be seeing the other 10 awesome Christmas projects starting right after Thanksgiving!

Thank you to my dear friend and craft mentor Judy, all the awesome girls from the Inspiration Cafe, who lend encouragement and support unendingly, and to all of YOU for the amazing amount of inspiration you bring to my craft projects!

Linking up to any or all of the fine parties listed HERE and HERE. As well as......
Funky Junk Interiors:   Saturday Nite Special


   
Visit thecsiproject.com

37 comments:

  1. I really love the simplicity of your star Judy sounds like a fantastic friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danni, I love this! You are an amazing human being who always thinks about amazing ways to use what you've got on hand. My hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it... You and Judy can come here to play with me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Simple and rustic. Judy is right...sometimes less is more :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told you, you are the Queen of wreaths Danni!!!! This has to be my all time favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are soooo creative! And you and Judy make a great team! You two are so lucky to have a friendship like yourss. I always am impressed how you reuse supplies again and again. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very beautiful! Just perfect for the holidays and something you wouldn't have to take down right away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. Just the right amount of embellishment I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the star. The texture of the sticks against the greenery is very attractive. I agree with the above you could leave this up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Just the right combination to make a very pretty design, rustic, but at the same time, very versatile. And I love that you can reuse the parts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this star, Danni! I love that you and Judy were able to have those 11 days together! I can't wait to see what you two did during your 11 day Christmas Craftathon! I think it's so awesome how you find so many clever ways to re-use an item! Looking forward to seeing the star again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this star wreath, so pretty! Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That" I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful! I'd love for you to share this at Tuesday's Table for the Holidays - http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-holiday-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Makes me wanna run outside and find some sticks! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so simple and beautiful. Great winter project. Thanks so much for lining up on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love rustic!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original link party is open.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! I'm really into the rustic look this year. This is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how simple this is - it would be great in place of a wreath on the door :) Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dani, this is beautiful! So simple and so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at our Pinteresting Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is so beautiful! You are an inspiration to all! Thanks so much for sharing. I love the inspiration cafe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how simple and pretty it is!! Thanks for sharing at Keep Calm and Link Up! See you again Thursday night!
    Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful project! Loved and pinned. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is so so gorgeous!!!! have been eying this star for some time, but didnt click that you made it! Very beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Danni! I LOVE this project!
    Thanks so much for linking up and linking back at last week's Humble Brag. You were featured! So come by and grab a button - you earned it!

    We are also starting a giveaway today for a SILHOUETTE CAMEO!! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/giveaway-and-humble-brag-link-party-9

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love love love love LOVE this start! Thanks so much for sharing!

    pinning!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the rustic simplicity of this star and I'm pretty sure I have everything at home to make one for me :) Featuring you today and thanks so much for linking up to the {what's shakin' link party}!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous wreath, Danni! Being a Texas girl, I'm definitely making this for our home this Christmas. Thanks for the great tutorial and idea! (thanks to Judy, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your wreath Danni. Thanks for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Have a great week.
    Debi, Joye, Myrna, and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this wreath....it it beautiful. I'm so glad you shared it at the homemade holiday party. :)

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete