Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Earrings - Mother Crafter

Our last post of 2013 - thanks Vanina ;-)

2014 is here! You can welcome the New Year with these quick and very easy earrings that will add spark to your outfit. The best part: you can make them in, like, 20 minutes. Seriously! 

 
You will need:
  • A small fabric scrap (sequined or sparkly)
  • 2 feathers
  • 2 Earring hooks
  • 2 Jump rings or ring connectors
  • Scissors and a hot glue gun
 

(See my new pair of scissors? My friend Julieta gave me these along with a matching measure tape and a cutting knife. They are from the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. So cute!!!) Cut 8 strips out of your fabric (approx .25" by 2.25"). Open one of the jump ring or ring connector and insert 4 strips through it. If your fabric is thick and does not want to cooperate (certain fabrics have attitude ;)) you might want to use an embroidery needle to make a hole at the top of the strips. It should look like this: 


Close your ring. Now put a tiny dot of hot glue at the top tip of your feather and glue it to the wrong side of one of the strips. Put the hook on and... you are done!! See? I told you it was a fast and furious tutorial!

  

 Repeat all the steps to make the second earring. Or just use it solo. You can also play with the length of the strips to make it longer or shorter. 

 

Happy 2014! I look forward to continue creating and sharing with you a lot more awesomeness through the New Year. Here is to a year full of happiness, love, health, inspiration and craftiness! Thank you for reading my blog. Salud y chin chin! (that is Cheers! in Spanish). You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin! -- Craft on, Vanina mother crafter ~ handcrafted happiness

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh... Sparkly ear rings!! You can't have too many of those! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love these! Feathers and sparkles. Very pretty. And something maybe even I could make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! Perfect earrings for a New Years Eve party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very colorful and playful. I love feathery things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love these! And, blue is my favorite color! I'm stopping by today to let you know that we have nominated you, Heather, Dannie, Mary and Mel for a Liebster Blog Award. This award is given to bloggers by bloggers in recognition for being great at what you do! I follow you on Bloglovin' so I know that you and your team are more than deserving! I hope all of you accept this nomination, so please stop by my post, Breaking the Rules, at http://www.tootsweet4two.com/breaking-the-rules/ to get the details on how to accept this award and share the encouragement by giving the award to some of your favorite bloggers! Tootles!

    ReplyDelete