Thursday, February 28, 2013

Knitted Bracelet by Mammy Made

 Adele is here from Mammy Made, today...

 

Hi everyone. I'm Adele and I live in England with my two gorgeous babies, Leyla who is 4 and Naomie who is 2. I am so excited to be contributing to Inspiration Cafe again today!


I usually blog over at Mammy Made. I like to write about crafting, cooking and homeschooling, although I am only homeschooling part time at the minute. I have tons of tutorials on there so come by and say hi, I’d love to see you! 


Today I am going to be sharing a lovely knitted bracelet tutorial. 

I made this cute bracelet for my future sister in law for her birthday just recently. I hope you all like it :)


To make your own you will need:
  • a bracelet (I got this one in a charity shop for 25p)
  • some wool
  • 3.25mm knitting needles
  • wool needle
  • scissors

Start off by casting on enough stitches to wrap around your bracelet. For me, this was 18 stitches. You want it to fit but be ever so slightly stretched around the bracelet. If it is too baggy the cover will slide around the bracelet and show off your join. If you are unsure on how to cast on, there are tons of videos online. I used the long tail method as I find it quick and easy and it looks good. You then need to work stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row) until your piece of knitting is the length of your bracelet. Keep checking the fit until it seems long enough with a tiny bit of stretch. For my bracelet this took me 75 rows. Bind off, leaving a very long tail to stitch the cover onto the bracelet with.


Line up the two short edges, right sides together, and stitch them together to make a tube. Wrap the tube around the bracelet, with the right side on top, and start stitching the two long edges together, as neatly as possible. Weave in the ends very well, or tie off in a knot, when you reach the end. Turn the join in to the inside of the bracelet and you are done :)


I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial. Thank you so much to everyone behind Inspiration Cafe for letting me contribute again. It's been fun!


7 comments:

  1. Once again you've made me wish I could knit! So cute and fun! I imagine you could make one for any outfit you owned! Thank you for guest posting here at the Cafe today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I have (too much) 8ply doing this fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! I am desperate to learn to knit! I taught myself to crochet...maybe I can teach myself to knit...but I've tried and hold the needles like crochet hooks...oh well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project. Even I can knit this little bit. I think this is a fab project for winter. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pattern!!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ~Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun knitting project, Adele! I think I may even be able to do this! Thanks for the great share at the Cafe, so fun having you!

    ReplyDelete