Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentines Bottle Cap Jewellery


 


Happy Monday,

It's Mel from Mellywood's Mansion here today and I'm sharing a quick easy and very cute Valentine gift.

I have to admit I'm not huge on Valentines Day and don't usually do much, but my daughter has just started the new school year and she is feeling a little nervous about new classes, teachers and friends, so I thought I would make her something to cheer her up a bit.

Supplies:

  • Flattened Bottle caps - (buy or make your own)
  • Epoxy Dots
  • Bottle cap images I bought these ones here
  • Paper
  • Jump rings
  • Clasp
  • Double sided tape
  • 1 inch punch



1. Attach the clasp to two bottle caps using the jump rings, then add the caps to fit wrist, for Elizabeth who is a tall 10 year old, I used 6. 



 2. Using the double sided tape, stick down the image and place the epoxy dot over the top



It's that easy, and since I had a few more images I added a pendant and a key ring to her little gift.




Playing with bottle caps is so much fun and you can make them to fit anyone. Personally I wouldn't give them to anyone younger than four, in case of choking but I guess it depends on the child.


Thanks for reading

Mel xo

29 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute Mel!! I knew you had at least one Valentine's Day craft in you. I'm sure you're little girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tuula, I may have another stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is so fun and super cute! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel these are adorable! I love owls! I really need to play with my jewelry supplies more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your bottle caps and the cute things you make with them! Awesome girl and I hope E loves the jewelry too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, these are so fun and adorable! I think this would be such a fun craft to do with my girls! Great share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heaps of fun Mary and the paper can be swapped out to suit

      Delete
  6. Love them, Mel! I must get hold of those epoxy dots :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh the dots make them pop, you'll become an addict once you start

      Delete
  7. These are precious! I am a little girl at heart and probably the only 45 year old woman that would wear one. Oh well, age means nothing to me.
    I too must play with these bottle caps and make something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Tasha, I have lots of bottle cap jewellery its cheap and fun

      Delete
  8. These are cute and something I think my son's teacher might like to do for the class (she's crafty like that). I'm going to share it with her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these Mel, I have a ton of bottle tops just sat waiting for the right project - thanks for the inspiration!

    Hope you are good, E xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these Mel, I have a ton of bottle tops just sat waiting for the right project - thanks for the inspiration!

    Hope you are good, E xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok Mel - you are a GENIUS!!!
    Who would ever think of an idea like this?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun!! I am jewelry impaired...and even I think I can make these. Great project Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your girls would love making these they're really simple

      Delete
  13. These are SUPER cute !!
    I really wish I could make these myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, these are very simple to make give it a try and you'll be surprised

      Delete
  14. What a cute and fun jewelry project! I love the sweet bottle cap images you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's the best way to flatten bottle caps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have a big shot die cutter which I use now, but prior to that, I put them between two solid pieces of wood and hit them with a hammer. Great fun and it gets all the frustrations out ;)

      Delete