Hi Everyone, we are so excited to have Carrie from "My Favorite Finds" here at the Cafe today....
We are blessed to still have grandparents living. Our children are growing up with great-grandparents, and we are so thankful for that!
At Christmas, we love to still give gifts to our grandparents...but what do you give someone who already has and is content with everything?
I whipped up these cute photo coasters, and I was so pleased with how they turned out, that I want to make some for our new living/game room in the basement.
*4 square tiles, 4"x4" (I found these at Home Depot in the shower/tile section. They were only about 19 cents a piece)
*Printed photos, trimmed to 4"x4"
*Oil paint brush
*3/4" felt pads
*Hot glue/glue gun
1. Print your photos, on regular printer paper, in black and white. I cut and pasted mine into a Word document and printed them. I chose black and white because I like the dramatic look of that, and I didn't want to risk the color running or smearing when I applied the Mod Podge.
2. Trim your photos so they are 4"x4".
3. Using the sponge brush, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge on the surface of your tile and lay the photo on it.
4. Smooth the air bubbles out and repeat this for the other three tiles.
5. Apply a coat of Mod Podge over the face of your photo. Allow it to dry, then repeat this two more times.
6. Let your photos dry for a few hours. Using the oil paintbrush, apply a few thick coats of quick drying polyurethane
to the surface of your tiles. Let this dry for 24 hours.
7. After the polyurethane has dried, turn your tiles over face down. Apply a small amount of hot glue to each corner and adhere the felt pads.
I think these will make cute gifts for Grandparents Day, birthdays, and Mothers/Father's Day.
I am sure that before too long, all the grandparents and Godparents will be the recipient of a set of coasters.