Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pineapple Coconut Cream Mini Pies - Kreative Creationz

Kendra from Kreative Creationz is here today to share a delicious pineapple treat with us all...
 
Like I said before, I am not a pie baker at all. You can find the first pie I’ve ever made here. Now that I’ve made one pie I thought I should try my hand at other pies. 

I know, I know. The first pie I made wasn’t a traditional dessert pie, so what makes me think I should continue making pies? Well, I’m still up for a challenge and I still love learning new skills. I’ve never had a coconut cream pie. It sounded tasty, yet difficult to make. I researched quite a few recipes before even trying to make one. 
This is my first attempt and it came out pretty well. Of course, I had to add my own kreative touch. 
Enjoy! 

 Ingredients 
½ Cup Shredded Coconut 
1- 9” Pie Crust 
1 ¼ Cup Whole Milk 
½ Cup Sugar 
½ Cup Cornstarch 
½ Cup Chopped Pineapples 
1 Large Egg, Beaten 
3 Tbsp. Pineapple Juice 
2 Tbsp. Coconut Milk 
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract  

Directions 
Preheat oven to 375°. 
In even layer, place coconut on cookie sheet and bake until top is lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. 
Roll pie crust out flat. 
Using flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes into crust. 
Place shape cutouts into mini-muffin pie pan. 
Place pan in oven and bake until crust is a light golden brown. 
In a medium sauce pan, over low to medium heat, dissolve milk, sugar, and cornstarch. 
Stir mixture. 
Stir in pineapples, egg, pineapple juice, coconut milk, and extract. 
Continue stirring until mixture thickens. 
Remove from heat. 
Allow mixture to cool. 
Scoop mixture into pie cups and chill in refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest little pies ever! What a great idea to make them flower shaped. They look delicious too. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very tasty, perfect for a tea party for the girls! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Pinning on my "to try" board! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your Pineapple Coconut Cream Mini Pies look so dang yummy, Kendra! Your photo is awesome! Thanks for always having such wonderful shares at the Cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete