Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Furniture Fashionistas - Lorraine from Miss Flibbertigibbet

I am so excited to share here at the Inspiration Cafe!! I have NEVER done a guest post before…….. But after this stellar appearance…..…I'm sure my inbox will be full of enticing offers to guest post all over blogland….right? I'll be polishing my resume while you read…... I sell Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint (here)….…thought I'd better say that first! But, I wouldn't sell it if I didn't love it and I do! There are 6, yes SIX new colors of MMS milk paint that came out this year! I have been working my way through the first 3 and am waiting to get the three newest this month. Today I am going to show you a project done in Artissimo but first I'll show you the previous projects…….   Eulalie's Sky……(see post) milk-paint-closeup-4   Dried Lavender…..(see post) MMS-dried-lavender-8
Now, you get to be the first to see my project in Artissimo!! I started out with a small, maple finished drop leaf side table. Cute, but run of the mill for sure…. milk-paint-table-before
And just a bit dirty I see….that's what happens when you spend too much time in my Pile-O-Crap area……... First I gave it a cleaning and a light sanding…who knows what"s stuck on there! Then two coats of MMS Ironstone with some bonding agent added. I added stripes with my trusty Frog Tape….. milk-paint-table-artissimo-1
 A word about Frog tape….WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! I'm Scots/Welsh background primarily and let me tell you….that means I can squeeze a penny 'til it cries for mercy….seriously…... I resisted the Frog Tape for a long time….too pricey…..but after several striping disasters which required more fixing time than doing time….I bought a roll. Seriously…..the BEST STRIPES EVER!!! Mixed up some Artissimo and painted…..I removed the tape and LOVED the look!! Here it is before any other work….. milk-paint-table-artissimo-2  
I gave it a light sanding all over with a Scotch Brite….love those things for finish sanding…... I did a bit of distressing but not too much. I let some of the white undercoat show through. Two coats of Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Wax….the best, really….so creamy, no odor, makes my hands so nice and soft!!!   Artissimo milk-paint-table-artissimo-3
Flaps up……. milk-paint-table-artissimo-5
 Or flaps down….it's too cute!!! milk-paint-table-artissimo-6
What do you think??? milk-paint-before-after-artissimo  
Big thanks to the great gals at Inspiration Cafe for letting me guest post!!!  
Lorraine Finkbeiner
missflibbertigibbet@gmail.com

19 comments:

  1. So pretty Lorraine! I am planning to paint a grain sack stripe on a dresser and I'm glad to see you do one here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! I want to try my hand at using some of these paints but keep putting it off. Love the look of the dried lavender (naturally lover of all hues) but I can't connect the link. I went on your site and did a search for dried lavender but nothing came up. Would love to see how you did this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail…I'll check that link! You can click on the Milk Paint logo in the sidebar and see all the colors!

      Delete
  3. Very proper in its new color with the grain stripes. Love the new colors. Especially Eulalie - funny that is a popular name for people in our area. Great job on your pos here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table is so adorable! Love the striping. I've never tried frog tape because of the price, but maybe I'll give it a go now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorraine is a total painting guru - this looks amazing. Thanks for featuring this good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took a really ugly duck to swandom. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so much to learn. Light bonding agent? Chalk paint? I am half tempted to try paining some bedroom furniture...but I'm scared to death. Why chalk paint vs other paints and wax??? I need some serious help. This turned out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely very cute, top of my list of things I want to do is grain sack stripes and something in a dark grey - I need to get a move on !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stripey table, Lo. Is it a navy color?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That table is beautiful, I have one to do very soon that similar, not sure my very limited skills is up for stripes but if I can find the frog tape I'm going to try

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I think I need to do a grain sack something, too! Thank you for showing how the tape is applied. It's very obvious that the Frog tape works, your stripes are perfect! All of your pieces are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Lorraine's painted furniture transformations! I'm leaving now...to click over to her blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! It looks amazing, definitely much better. I haven't tried the new colours yet, but I did pick up some of the new curio the other day. Looking forward to trying it.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lorraine! Wow!!! Just gorgeous. Thank you so much for being here at the Cafe - please come again xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this table. I've never seen one like this. I want to use Artissimo so badly, but I can't find anything to use it on. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Nice Post. This information will increase more and more people to know about buying online furniture. I use to do buy furniture online as its time saving.


    office furniture online & office desk furniture


    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great! I have the EXACT same piece and am painting the EXACT same color....great minds think alike!!



    Heavy Duty Casters With Brakes & Steel Caster Wheels

    ReplyDelete