Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fabric Candle Votives - NorthShore Days


 Hi Everyone,

It's Nat from NorthShore Days here, and today I'm going to share an oldie but a real goodie...

The days are growing shorter and there is a definite chill in the air - yup Winter is on its way and I'm not a happy Winter person.

The other day it was dark and dreary and I needed to cheer myself up a bit so I made these cute little candle votives. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures while I was creating them but they are so simple to make.

I used some baby food jars that I found in the back of my cupboard, double sided craft tape and fabric... I also added a button threaded onto memory wire to add an extra fun element.....
 Doesn't this fabric make you happy?  

I love it - and will be making a table runner out of it soonish...
So literally all I did.... cut out a piece of fabric, add tape to the back and stick onto the jar. Thread a button onto wire and wrap around..... How simple was that??? 

And look how fab they are.....


Pop in a tea light candle and they are gorgeous, lit up at night......


 They make me smile, sitting up on the kitchen window sill....

And they definitely did a great job of cheering me up on that dreary Autumn day. 

 
Take Care

 xxx
 
Photobucket

 

16 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. The fabric you chose is so fun and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, I still need to make the table runner that I wanted out of the fabric! xx Nat

      Delete
  2. Gosh Nat they're lovely, hmmm I have some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, those candles would cheer anyone up on any kind of day! I love them and you know I love a quick and easy upcycle project too! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!! and your fabric is so pretty. What a simple thing to make that has such beautiful impact!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks guys, so happy that you stopped by - I'm visiting your blog in a mo xx Nat

      Delete
  6. What a great reuse for baby food jars! The fabrics you used are so colourful and cheerful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tuula, I cant believe how big my baby is now and there'll be no more baby food jars in the house for a very long time xx

      Delete
  7. How sweet are those? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so sweet and happy! I just love them! I can't believe they are made from baby jars!!! Great share, Nat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had baby food jars for so long it makes me wonder if I ever actually had any babies to begin with. I guess I'll have to find someone with babies and steal theirs. The jars, not the babies. :) These are awesome!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Andi, thanks for the giggle and glad you like my little craft xx

      Delete
  10. I love these!! Summer is on it's way up here, but these are so cute, they could work summer or winter. Great gift idea, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, they certainly cheer my window sill up and me

      Delete