Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's a Steal Series - Breakfast Muffins


Hey Everyone, 

We start our new series this week - "It's a Steal"...yup we get to "steal" or "knock off" a fellow blogger's idea, and show you what we come up with. So get thinking of what you're gonna do and who you're gonna knockoff, for our next Link Party. But be sure to ask permission where necessary and always provide link backs.
 
Here at Inspiration Cafe we are going to steal ideas from each other...fun right?


My mission this week was to knock off a post (any post) from Sweet Little Blue Bird, which is Mary's blog. Hmm... so many yummy dishes, how was I supposed to choose? It wasnt easy!!!

Finally it was getting darker and the family were getting snappy with hunger, so I quickly decided to make them breakfast for dinner! Good thinking right? Who could go wrong with eggs?

They are awesome!!! 

Click here for the recipe on Mary's blog.

Mary was able to cook a whole egg in the middle of her muffins, but as I only have a standard sized muffin tin, I mixed my eggs as if to scramble them and poured equal amounts into my bread cups.  
I didn't have bacon so I added ham slices to the top.

They really are THAT good!!! 
Sean has decided I need to make these every weekend! Which is perfectly fine by me - tasty, nutritious and easy!
YUM!


 I was left with quite a bit of bread - with missing centres, so as an experiment I dropped a slice of the bread (lightly buttered on both sides) into the fry pan, cracked an egg into the center and while it was cooking, I added a good sprinkle of cheese on the top with ham pieces.
 I was really excited that it did NOT make a huge mess!


Sean was even more excited to get to eat my experiment! His verdict? Really good!!! 
He said it was like french toast with cheese and bacon...Umm..Yummy!

Next week Mary will be knocking Danni off! We are so excited to see what she comes up with.


Take care and have a great week, don't forget to follow us on Facebook,
 


 xxx
 
Photobucket

P.S: Did you notice that Inspiration Cafe has a new look? We love the fresh, bright and inviting new design that Jana from Little Web Writing Hood created for us. Thank you so much Jana!

Inspiration Cafe is looking for guest posters. If you would like to guest please let us know, we would love to have you. If you would prefer a feature instead, feel free to drop us a line. New or old posts welcome.

Sharing at the Great Parties:

http://www.the36thavenue.com/2013/05/best-diy-projects-5.html
http://happyhourprojects.com/happy-hour-friday-05-10/ 
http://designdininganddiapers.com/2013/05/inspiration-gallery-link-party-35/ 
http://www.oneartsymama.com/2013/05/shine-on-fridays-79-and-starbucks.html  
http://www.shabbynest.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/frugal-friday_10.html 
http://www.serenitynowblog.com/2013/05/weekend-bloggy-reading-link-up_10.html  
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/05/strut-your-stuff-link-party-week-96.html
http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-62/ 
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/05/party-junk-186-potting-benches.html 
http://too-much-time.com/2013/05/get-schooled-saturday-76.html 
http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2013/05/share-your-creativity-77/ 
http://www.vmg206.com/2013/05/brag-about-it-tuesday-linky-party-no-3.html  

38 comments:

  1. Mmmm... 'Looks tasty! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome knock off Nat! I'm going to be showing this to Sam and maybe he'll cook it for me..he's turning into quite the cook these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I haven't had breakfast yet.....now I'm hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm!! These look absolutely delicious! Can't wait to try and make some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love breakfast for dinner, I will have to try these out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious!!!
    I'm starving - and no bacon in the house- shouldn't have read this lol
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Suzan, you can add anything to them - we had just cheese the other day - really good!

      Delete
  7. Now this is what I call a man's treat! I think any man would want a fabulous breakfast for dinner! Way to go Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail - and the kids ate these - a huge winner for and now I'll make them at least once a week - quick, filling and healthy.

      Delete
  8. Oh yes, those look so good! I love how you made her recipe, but made it your own at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I still have heaps of crusts in my freezer lol

      Delete
  9. So next week Mary will knock off Danni next week. Sounds so Sopranos! Mary will have her hands full choosing just one. The eggs look delicious both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love having breakfast for dinner!! But I could eat these for breakfast, too. Thanks, Nat, easy enough for this not-so-good cook! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy - we had them for lunch over the weekend - its kind of like an easy mini quiche - so easy to make.

      Delete
  11. Love the knock off, Nat! Yours looks so good! I can't wait to try the French Toast version!!! Sean is right, you should make them every weekend! Love this series! Yummy job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing it with us Moo - we love it - I've made them 3 times already lol xxx

      Delete
  12. Oh, my hubby would be all over that. Bacon? Eggs? Muffins and toast? That's a sure-fire winner 'round these parts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Tara - you have to make these for hubby then. So good!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks Rosey - Mary has so many great recipes it was hard to choose xx

      Delete
  14. My mom used to make the toast with the center out and put an egg in the middle when I was a kid. :-) Thanks for taking me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my kids will remember this too - what a great memory, thank you for visiting xx

      Delete
  15. It might have to be a breakfast for dinner night tonight :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. I hope you do Linda - so easy and quick and delicious xxx

      Delete